The World of Children is dedicated to dramatically improving children's lives by identifying and recognizing extraordinary individuals who work on behalf of children in need. We are committed through our Awards program to search the United States and the rest of the world for these selfless change makers. Our Awards and funds expand and leverage their vital work, thus creating a unique, worldwide network of child advocates.
- We are the only global recognition and funding program that exclusively focuses on a broad range of children's only issues – health including hunger and nutrition, education, safety, and human rights.
- Our program requires that our Honorees must work on the ground and have proven sustainable programs. They must have a ten year track record and work beyond paid employment. Many work for no pay and even risk their lives to do what they do.
- Our Honorees are subject to a rigorous onsite investigation performed by a private agency.
- Our nomination criteria, selection method, and vetting process is excellent. A prestigious committee of independent experts review and rate the quality and caliber of the nominations.
- Our Honorees submit plans to insure that their grant funds will be used to expand and leverage their work.
- World of Children has been instrumental in creating a unique community that continues to network and support one another over the years.
For more information, visit: http://www.worldofchildren.org